How to Export Thunderbird to Outlook PST
Thunderbird is an open-source application used for communication and storing personal data (emails, contacts, messages, conversation, etc.) and important details. Thunderbird is the most used email client, and the email items are stored in MBOX file format. The MBOX file format is also supported by other email applications like Apple Mail, WebMail, Entourage, Eudora, Gmail, and the list goes on.
Thunderbird stores its email items in a directory outside the user’s public directory. Mozilla Thunderbird is not the only application used by users. There are other applications like MS Outlook preferred by users as well.
According to the survey, MS Outlook is one of the most widely used applications that stores its data in PST file format. Because of MS Outlook strong features and stability, Thunderbird holdups a little behind in terms of usage, and because of this users choose to transfer Thunderbird to Outlook.
Reasons to Export Thunderbird to Outlook
1 – No Calendar integration
2 – No task and Scheduling
3 – Not Support IMAP
4 – No grouping contact
5 – No full view of the mail, you have to click through each mail 6 – Thunderbird lacks cross-program functionality with Microsoft Office products, unlike MS Outlook Application.
Even though Thunderbird widely support many OS platform like Windows OS, Linux, Mac OS, these reasons specified above make users think to Export Thunderbird to Outlook.
The Manual Process to Export Thunderbird to Outlook
- Open Thunderbird application
- Click on the folder which you need to export
- To select individual messages, Press and hold ctrl, and to select all emails press ctrl+A
- Right-click to the emails and click on the Save as
- Save the emails where you want to and click the folder to export files.
- Now, open Outlook on the same computer
- Right-click on the folder section and click on the “New Folder” option
- Now, give the name to the folder and click on the ok
- Choose the Thunderbird exported emails using Ctrl+A
- Select all the emails and drag to the middle pane of Outlook and import them into the new folder.
- All messages will be viewed after that.
The Manual process is useful if you have limited files. For Bulk conversion, this is not a good idea and can be a bad experience.
Drawbacks of Manual Process
1 – Time Taking method
2 – Chances of image broken
3 – Data error possibility
4 – Chances of data loss
5 – No Guarantee of 100% accuracy 6 – Emails can lose their email elements like images, tests, etc.
To Overcome this issue, it is always recommended to use a third-party tool that provides efficient and 100% accurate results. So, there is a professional MBOX Converter to switch from Thunderbird to Outlook.
Choose MBOX to Outlook Converter for Windows and Mac OS
MBOX to Outlook Converter is a useful application that can Convert Thunderbird to Outlook on Mac and Windows. You can download the software version to both Windows and Mac OS. Apart from converting Thunderbird to Outlook, this tool allows you to convert Thunderbird emails to Office 365, PDF, HTML, etc.